Monday, July 27, 2009

Sometimes, I feel like an alien...

This blog is itemized for convenience.
Sometimes, while living in Indiana, I feel like an alien in my own community for the following reasons...

Justified or not, I believe it's indicative of quickly approaching "I'm turning 30 countdown."

In the Midwest I can be classified as alien because...

1. I'm nearly 30 and am not married.

2. I've never had a baby and unlike some I'm not "working on it." (A future blog will be about the phenomenon of "We're trying.") :) (Giggles- I can't wait to write that one now!)

3. My career and education have become an almost obsessive compulsion which freaks me out sometimes.

4. I don't have a minivan or an SUV.

5. I don't own a home.

6. I don't tan well.

7. I can't play euchre.

8. I don't have a Wii or a game system.

9. I just learned to play Corn Hole and Hillbilly Golf.

10. I've never been to The Brass Rail or the Shang.
(Yes, I'm laughing.)

11. I drive a Dodge Stratus. (This makes me weird all by itself.) Hee hee.

12. I only have one credit card and hate online banking.

13. I do not harbor any affections for Dale Earnhart, Jeff Gordon, or Peyton Manning.
Don't care. Just...don't...care.

14. I HATE Budweiser.
Worst beer EVER.

15. Car seats for children intimidate me. Seriously. I am afraid I'll do it wrong.
Everytime.

16. White bread makes me feel like throwing up.
Wonder Bread....eeeewww gross.

17. I am not a Wal-martian. Let's be clear.

18. I didn't vote for Obama.

19. I won't read manuals for things like cars, cell phones, cameras. I can't use any appliance or technology trinket to its full potential because of it.

20. I'm beginning to loathe Country music.

21. I don't think your tractor is sexy.
And I realize just how old that saying is.
I don't dig Kenny Chesney either. See #20.

22. Twilight didn't do it for me.

23. Bachelorette parties scare me to death. Dead serious.
I mean...why does everything have to be made of wieners!?

24. I don't drink Oliver wine.

25. I see now need for a 'souped up' Chevy, Dodge, or Ford truck.
Why the wheels have to outsize the frame, I will never know.
:)

Until next time, Nah-noo, nah-noo.
Beam me up.

:)

2 comments:

  1. I don't think voting Obama was characteristic of the Midwest. Everything else is too true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your list describes me almost entirely. This must mean that a) I'm an alien, too or b) we are not so alien and alone after all.

    ReplyDelete