Monday, September 26, 2011

Hooray!!!! Fort 4 Fitness Success story

Hooray for goals accomplished! This is my running buddy, Nicole, and I just after finishing our first four-mile race. See how red and happy we are?!

We have been working hard for the past year to finally be able to participate in a run like Fort 4 Fitness and here we are, beaming from having accomplished our goals!

We did pretty well for our first time and for not having a consistent running schedule over the past few weeks. Nicole kicked some serious tail with a 41 minute four mile.


I came in shortly behind at 45 minutes. Goals?
1) Don't die. DIDN'T. :-)
2) Run the whole thing. DID!
3) Don't take an hour. Hello?! I said 45 minutes (approx. 11.2 min/mile)
4) Have fun! Totally did.

Were we nervous before the race? Hell yeah! But we were super pumped to have gotten this far and the race was really really cool. There were over 9500 participants!



My results:

bib number: 3336
age: 31
gender: F
location: Fort Wayne, IN
overall place: 695 out of 2838
division place: 84 out of 306
gender place: 357 out of 1983
time: 45:19
pace: 11:20
















I have to say, this was a lot different than running around our neighborhood, where we know every crack in the pavement, every sewer drain. This run was awesome because at each street, there were people cheering and music and people just partying along the sidelines wishing us well. Now I know why people run in these things.
It's FUN.

Now that Fort 4 Fitness is over, we're prepping to run in a Thanksgiving Day race. It's time to jot down some new goals. For me, it's creating a better, more frequent running schedule and improving pace and distance. That coupled with toning up and shaving off a few pounds (not a lot, but some). I have a new ensemble in my closet as motivation.

With our first race completed, it's time to take what we know to the next level and really get our groove on!

No comments:

Post a Comment